Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MVOTD: Wavves - "So Bored" - Home Improvement Wipes Version

So I always kind of hated Home Improvement for its insufferable "manliness" and general lack of comedic value (possibly also because I had the hots for JTT), and yet I always remember watching reruns of it because it fell in the line of Cosby Show, Simpsons, and Seinfeld reruns that would play on Fox after I got home from school. The show may not have been that funny, but it did contain a slew of interesting video wipe transitions between scenes, which have thankfully now been collected in a single music video set to the strangely appropriate Wavves song "So Bored."

So what's everybody's personal favorite wipe? Mine is playground swing that swings back and then comes straight at the camera. Unexpected, evocative of childhood, possible Ikiru reference. What's not to love?

1 comments:

J.Harrison said...

Haha, I love the Halloween ones. I vaguely remember being scared by that episode. I also loved JTT and Zachery Ty Bryan and then I remember being shocked when they all grew up and Taran Noah Smith turned out to be the hottest among them.

Post a Comment